Meet Liana George
I am a writer.
It’s taken me almost 40 years to believe that statement about myself.
While I loved reading and making up stories as a young girl, fear kept me from pursuing a writing career. So I tucked away the dream of becoming a writer and author and became a wife, mother, teacher, and professional organizer instead. Life was good and I was content scribbling down my thoughts every once and awhile.
Then one day, an idea came to me and wouldn’t leave. I pushed it aside, hiding it in the deep recesses of my mind, but it was always there calling to me. Finally, I gave in and put pencil to paper (old-school, I know).
Thanks to the love and support of my family, friends, and amazing writing coach, I turned that story idea into a novel. In doing so, I finally allowed myself to believe that, yes, I am a writer.
With one manuscript under my belt and a newfound confidence as a scribe, I’m unearthing the dream I buried so long ago. I’m not sure where the road will lead, but I’m grateful to be on the journey.
A few things you should know about me:
- I’ve been married to my college sweetheart, Clint, for almost 30 years. Together, we have two beautiful adult children, Kayley and Abbey.
- The ocean and the beach are my happy place. I go there as often as I can to relax and scuba dive.
- My other childhood dream was to be a tennis champion. When I’m not watching a tennis tournament, I’m on the courts pretending there’s still a chance I can go pro.
- I’m an avid reader. What writer isn’t?
- I love to travel. I’ve been to 6 of the 7 continents. Only Antarctica is left to visit.
“Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. … It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus..”
– Enid Bagnold
My Organizing Services
© Copyright 2019 Liana George. All Rights Reserved.