It can be hard to know what to buy someone as a gift during the holidays. Always wondering, Will they like it? Do they need it? Will they use it? could keep you up all night and rob you of your holiday joy. But if you’re buying for the book lover in your life, then you don’t need to worry about those nagging questions, especially if you get them one of these ten gift ideas!
Holiday Gift Ideas for Book Lovers
Here are ten gift ideas for your favorite bookworm that are sure to bring happiness and squeals of delight on Christmas morning:
1. Booklight. Book readers consume their favorite stories at all hours of the day and night. Replace their current night light (aka a flashlight) with a clip-on, rechargeable book light. It’s a great way for them to stay up and read to their heart’s content and if you have to sleep with them, it lets you get some rest, too!
2. Book journal/Reading log. It’s likely that your spouse, significant other, or best friend who reads a lot could benefit from a reading log to record all the numerous tomes they’ve finished. Plus it makes it easy for them to tell you what book you should be reading next!
3. Bookmarks. At some point, readers have to stop reading (gasp!). A simple and thoughtful gift would be a bookmark to hold their place until they return to the page again. It might be a good idea to get several as bibliomaniacs are known to read more than one book at a time!
4. Book holder. To help take some of the weight off their hands and shoulders, a book holder is a great idea for those who devour books that are heavy and long (like War and Peace). This stand works well in bed, on the couch, or anywhere your reader loves to curl up with their favorite book.
5. Extra storage space. People who read a lot tend to have homes that resemble a library, with books stored in every nook and cranny. Get them organized and reclaim some of your space with a bookshelf (or two!). Not only will you help them see their favorites works of literature easily, but they’ll also love you for opening up more space for new books!
6. E-reader. If space is an issue for the bookworm in your life, then consider getting them an e-reader, such as a Kindle Paperwhite or a Nook. While the digital form of their favorite story may not “feel” the same as the paper form, an e-reader can store tons more books and is easy to take on the go.
7. Kindle Unlimited Subscription. To go along with their e-reader – and to help save money – consider gifting your favorite reader a year-long subscription to Kindle Unlimited. This will allow them to choose from hundreds of thousands of free books and keep your wallet from the strain of buying more books!
8. Library card. An even cheaper route for getting books into your bibliophile’s hands is to sign them up for a library card at your local library. Libraries are a treasure trove of books (both physical and digital), audiobooks, movies, and more that are free to those who belong. What book maniac wouldn’t love that??
9. Gift cards. While this may be dangerous, an easy and generous present is a gift card to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or your local bookstore. Take the pressure of guessing which books they like and let them enjoy the pleasure of buying their own!
- Books. While it may seem counter-intuitive, gifting your reader with another book from their favorite author, their current novel series, or the latest release will make you the true hero of the holiday season. And of course, you can’t buy just one…
Don’t be a grinch, grab a few of these gift ideas for the book lover in your life. When you do, you’ll be making their holidays merry and bright while giving yourself a little peace and quiet as they escape in the pages of another book.
Which of these gift ideas will you be sharing this holiday season?